Intimate Conversation with Ci Ci Foster

0
Intimate Conversation with Ci Ci Foster


Ci Ci Foster can be labeled as a true “Wonder Woman.”  The multi-talented Chicago native’s unparalleled creativity, and unrelenting passion for entertainment has been instrumental in providing her with diverse opportunities in the film, modeling and publishing industries. Foster co-owns Flower Goddess Productions, a production company dedicated to developing and highlighting strong roles for women and actors of color. She currently lives in Los Angeles and is currently working on her second novel, Hollywoodn’t.

BPM:   What makes you powerful as a person and a writer? My spirit makes me a powerful person. I’ve always believed anything is possible with hard work. As a writer, I don’t know if I consider myself powerful yet. That comes with years of practice. I am certainly working towards that.

BPM:   Who are your mentors? Where do you find your inspiration?I am a huge fan of the late Be Be Moore Campbell and Eric Jerome Dickey. Both of these writers have an impressive body of work. I find my inspiration in the beauty around me. Most of the time nature provides me with the clarity I need to write.

BPM:    Finish this sentence- My writing offers the following legacy to future readers...My writing offers the following legacy to future readers: the truth about the issues that all women, especially African American women, may face at some point in their lives, or in the lives of people that they know. Infidelity, abuse, fear, shame… I bring all of these issues to the forefront hoping to empower,
entertain and educate my readers.

BPM:   What specific situation or revelation prompted you to write your book? There wasn’t a specific situation or revelation that caused me to write ‘Sunny Rain’. I began writing as a hobby. Sunny Rain came about because I wanted to tell an entertaining story that women could
relate to.

BPM:   Take us inside the book, Sunny Rain. What are two major events taking place?There are many dramatic events that take place throughout the book, but two major ones consist of Natalie’s struggles with her marriage and her past issues as a child. The other major event involves Monica’s issues with self-worth and and getting over the hurt and shame that plagues her.

BPM:   Introduce us to your main characters in Sunny Rain. Natalie Ellis, Monica Davis, and Leslie Morgan are the main characters in ‘Sunny Rain’.  Natalie is the one who seems to have it all together. What her friends don’t know is she is very good at burying her problems.
Monica is the reserved one who constantly seeks approval from others. Leslie is the social butterfly out the group. She loves men and the idea of having them lust after her.

BPM:   Who were your favorites? Are your characters from the portrayal of real people? It’s really hard to pick a favorite; I like certain personality traits from each of them. I can relate to Natalie being a family oriented woman trying to find a balance between work and home life. I like Monica’s never give up spirit. She grows the most through this novel. I enjoy the lusty side of Leslie. She is just having
fun. I did use a few traits from people I know to shape and mold these characters.
 
BPM:   Who do you want to reach with your book and the message within? I want to reach women who may be experiencing some of the same situations as the characters in the book. I want them to know they are not alone and by making the right choices they can lead better lives.

BPM:   How will reading Sunny Rain shape the readers lives?My sincere wish is that Sunny Rain will give readers hope that they can overcome tragic life situations by making strong, empowering decisions and having trust and faith within themselves. It will also help them see marriage and relationships differently, and learn that there are some good men out there.

BPM:   What are some of their specific issues, needs, or problems addressed in this book? My book touches on several issues such as, betrayal, infidelity, sexual abuse, and sexually transmitted diseases.

BPM:   What was the most powerful chapter in the book, Sunny Rain? It’s hard to discuss what I feel is the most powerful chapter in the book without giving away too much. I will say this; it turns out differently than most would expect.

BPM:   What do you think make your book different from others on the same subject? My book is different from others with the same subject because the characters are true to life. I really tried to think outside the box and put a fresh spin on a similar storyline.

BPM:   Ultimately, what do you want readers to gain from your book? I hope readers will gain the understanding that we all have our own set of problems that we deal with on a daily basis. No matter what the issues are in our lives, action is the most important step to making it through.
And, when you find that inner strength, you will become a stronger person all around.

BPM:   How can your readers reach you online? Readers can contact me via my website http://www.cicifoster.com/ I am also on Facebook, Myspace and Twitter.
Link: http://www.4heartspublications.com/

0 comments:

Please share your thoughts and comments. Weekly drawings from comments. Leave your email address and comments to enter drawings.